Indian spiced sauteed kale. I didn't have coriander or garam masala so I added red onion sauteed in olive oil with the garlic. Not enough flavor The Indian spices are nice but with that much kale I had to add sugar and apple cider vinegar which is the way my father. We ate these Indian spiced chickpeas and greens with basmati rice and a healthy addition of my homemade hot sauce.
Add broth, coriander, cumin, garam masala and salt. When preparing kale for these recipes, remove the tough ribs, chop or tear the. Kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper and red-pepper flakes to taste. You can cook Indian spiced sauteed kale using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Indian spiced sauteed kale
- It’s 2 bunches of kale, leaves separated from stalk and chopped.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 2 of Dried red chilliies.
- You need 2 teaspoons of Mustard seeds.
- You need 2 teaspoons of Cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 table spoon of Shredded coconut.
- You need 8-10 of roasted cashews, chopped.
While the rice cooks, wash and dry the kale. Separate the leaves from the stems; discard the stems, then roughly chop the leaves. How to make a dish of sauteed kale & other veggies. Sauteed kale with apples and onion is a quick and easy side dish that adds a nice green color to any dinner plate.
Indian spiced sauteed kale step by step
- Heat oil in a saute panm when hot, add garlic, red chillies, mustard seeds and cumin seeds, and wait for theustard seeds to splutter.
- Add in the chopped kale and some salt, and saute until the leaves lose water and are fully cooked.
- Towards the end, mix in the coconut powder..
- Transfer to a serving bowl and top with roasted cashews bits..
The apples come out still a bit crisp and sweet. That's the way I did it and kale was good. Raise heat to high, add the stock and kale and toss to combine. Indian spices include a variety of spices grown across the Indian subcontinent (a sub-region of South Asia). With different climates in different parts of the country, India produces a variety of spices.