Mom's 70s Chinese Pepper Steak. This recipe really brings back fond memories of my childhood. My brother and I loved this dish so much that our mother had to hand count the exact same pieces of sirloin on our plates or a fist fight would break out. This is another one of my.
This is another one of my mother's recipes that I refuse to change. Tender and flavorful steak dish, black pepper steak and mushroom is a popular dish in Chinese restaurants. A quick and easy meal that tastes even better than take out! You can have Mom's 70s Chinese Pepper Steak using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mom's 70s Chinese Pepper Steak
- You need of sauce.
- It’s of soy sauce.
- It’s of sugar.
- It’s of beef bullion.
- Prepare of water.
- It’s of cornstarch.
- It’s of Ingredients.
- You need of sirloin steak, 1 inch thick, cut into thin 2 inch long strips.
- Prepare of vegetable oil.
- Prepare of garlic, crushed.
- Prepare of salt.
- It’s of ground ginger.
- It’s of ground black pepper.
- You need of green bell peppers, julienned.
- Prepare of onions.
- Prepare of 6-ounce can of water chestnuts, drained.
- Prepare of green onions, chopped.
Cut your steak into bite-sized pieces, about a half of an inch each. In a bowl, add the soy sauce, honey, and chili paste garlic & sesame oil & mix until combined. Add in your steak pieces and toss till well coated. Mom`s Cooking Adventure Thanks for watching!
Mom's 70s Chinese Pepper Steak instructions
- Add the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl and mix well. Set aside..
- Sprinkle the strips of sirloin with the ginger powder and black pepper. Mix by hand to coat evenly. Set aside..
- In a skillet or wok, heat the oil and garlic over medium high heat for about 5 minutes to allow the garlic to infuse with the oil..
- Add the seasoned strips of sirloin to the hot oil and stir fry until you no longer see any pink on the beef. About 5 minutes. Remove the meat to a bowl and set aside..
- Now add the peppers and water chestnuts to the hot oil and stir fry for about 4 minutes..
- Next, add the onion and continue stir frying until the onions are translucent..
- Add the sirloin back in and give it a couple of stirs. Before you add the sauce, give it a stir because the cornstarch will have settled to the bottom. Stir the sauce into the meat and veggies. Raise the heat and continue stirring until sauce thickens..
- Turn off the heat and toss in the green onion pieces. Give it a couple of stirs..
- Serve hot over rice with plenty of sauce..
Please Subscribe for more fun videos! Remove the peppers from the pan and set aside. Instant Pot Chinese Pepper Steak Recipe. This delicious pepper steak recipe is a family favorite around here! No one even asks for take out anymore!.